Retired: This product has been replaced by the SpikenzieLabs LCD Interface (MPTH v3). This page is for your reference only.
Description: The MPTH is an LCD back-pack which makes it easy to connect an LCD to either your microprocessor project or your computer.
This is an updated version of the original Message Pump but now in an easy to solder through hole kit with many more great features.
- Supports multiple size character LCD displays (1x16, 2x16, 2x40, 4x20)
- Has pin-outs for LCDs with either 1x14(16) or 2x7 pins
- 80 Character buffer
- Four GPIO pins. (General purpose input / output pins)
- One PWM (Pulse width modulation) pin
- Baud rates up to 115.2k (300,1200,2400,9600,19.2k,57.6k,115.2k bps)
- USB Connectivity (with FTDI USB cable)
- TTL Serial
- User settable I2C address
- User settable command character
- User settable auto output of GPIO changes
- Dual simultaneous interface Serial and I2C (Both on all the time)
- User settable Splash Screen
- Optional echo of display text to serial port
- Easy to turn, robust trimer pot for contrast
- Easy to easy to build kit, with through hole parts
- “Junk” command watch dog timer
- Small size
This is the kit version: Tools and supplies you will need include a soldering iron and solder. LCD not included, you can find LCDs here. FTDI USB cables (not included) are available here.
MPTH main web page and build instructions.