Description: The Solder : Time watch kit. An instant hit introduced at Maker Faire Bay Area in May 2011.
Easy to solder real time watch kit with a unique laser cut acrylic casing. Four individual acrylic parts cut to fit the internal PCB, battery and switch perfectly. Included is a velcro wrist band. After soldering the Solder:Time, the watch is built by stacking the acrylic parts with the PCB and holding it together with the included screws.
The Solder:Time was designed to be a wrist watch. It doesn't have to be limited to living on your wrist, you could also use it as a badge or desk clock.
- Great looking laser cut acrylic case
- Unique watch
- Easy to solder
- Stand alone project - no computer or other programmer required. Just solder it and it's ready!
- On board Dallas DS1337+ Real Time Clock (RTC) for super accurate time keeping
- Jumper (on bottom) for always on use.
- Hackable: Programming and I2C pads labeled on bottom
- Clear front and back casing to show the internal electronics
- Adjustable wrist band
- Can be also be worn as a badge with optional badge clip.
- Long lasting battery, with special LED lighting method and very low power processor sleeping.
- Solder:Time PCB with all of the electronics
- Laser cut acrylic casing with four screws
- Easy to use Velcro type wrist band (long enough for huge wrists, trim-able for smaller ones.
- CR2032 Battery
Tools & Supplies required: Soldering Iron, solder and wire snips.