Our newest drum kit bundle now comes with the Ocho drum kit. Want the most popular accessories with your drum kit, but soldering isn't your thing? Here is the drum kit bundle for you - now fully soldered!
- Drum Kit - Kit OCHO (Assembled, tested and preprogrammed)
- Eight piezos (Used to make your own drum pads).
- FTDI USB - Serial Cable
- 9 volt DC power adapter
With the Drum kit - Kit Ocho, you can build a permanent electronic drum kit. The kit contains all of the electronics, including the piezo sensors for the drum pads. You build the drum pads yourself, and then connect the Drum Kit - Kit Ocho to either your computer to play sounds using your favorite audio software or use the MIDI-out port to a connected drum synthesizer.
Find the full instructions at the Drum Kit - Kit Ocho web page.
Use the Drum kit with the Serial MIDI Converter software or use the on board MIDI-Out to connect to your MIDI equipment.
Download: Drum Kit Arduino Sketch
- Onboard ATmega (frees up your Arduino for other projects).
- Screw terminals for the drum pad connections (makes changing pads easier).
- Includes piezos for eight drum pads
- On board Din-5 MIDI-out jack (Use the DKKAI, with your other MIDI equipment).
- FTDI compatible 90° pin header (makes it easy to program or use our Serial to MIDI software and your computer).
- DC 2.1mm power jack (power the Drum kit while “on the road”).
- Expansion port.
- Four corner mounting holes (Build the Drum Kit into a project box and mount it).
- On board voltage regulator.
- Power selector jumper for USB (via optional FTDI cable) or DC power jack.
- Lots of fun
The assembled version includes the assembled and tested Drum Kit - Kit Ocho PCB, with all parts soldered in place. The drum pads are not included and require assembly, the eight piezo are shipped not connected.
Material to make drum pads requires (foam, rubber, metal, wood, glue) and other tools as needed. To attach the piezos (for the drum pads) to extension wires you will require soldering iron, solder, wire-snips.