The new TTL-232R is a USB - TTL serial converter cable which will allow for a simple way to connect TTL level devices to USB.
The TTL-232R uses a FT232RQ chip which is housed in the USB "A" connector and is terminated at the end of a 1.8m cable with a 0.1" pitch header socket which provides access to Transmit (Tx), Receive (Rx), RTS#, CTS#, VCC (5V) and GND.
To learn more about the TTL-232R, click here.
- 6 way 0.1” header connector (Tx, Rx, RTS#, CTS#, VCC, and GND).
- 5V CMOS drive outputs and 5V safe TTL inputs makes the TTL-232R easy to interface to 5V MCUs.
- TTL-232R Converter Cable provides a USB to TTL Serial header interface (6 way, 0.1” pitch).
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
- Data transfer rates from 300 Baud to 3 Mega Baud at TTL levels.
- Cable supply voltage comes from USB - no external supply required.
- 5V output allow devices to be powered from the USB port.