Retired: This product has been replaced by the MPTH (Message Pump Through Hole) Kit or Assembled. This page is for your reference only.
The Message Pump is a device that allows you to connect a LCD display directly to your computer. It uses a PIC micro-controller, to drive the LCD and a FTDI USB to serial chip to connect to your computer.
The Message Pump works directly with most Hitachi compatible LCD displays. It features both a straight 1x16 pin connector for newer LCDs and the older 2x7 pin connector so that you can use it with either our large 2x40 character LCD display (PN: SPL-003001) or one of your own.
Detailed usage instructions can be found here.
Features with Firmware v2:
- Works with both 1x16 pin and 2x7 pin LCDs
- Dual active I2C and USB
- Serial Baud Rates (Via USB Virtual Serial port)
- I2C (Requires user supplied pull-up resistors)
- Default slave address: 64 Dec / 0x40 Hex / b'01000000'
- User settable
- Splash Screen
- User settable message
- User settable ON / OFF
- 80 character buffer
- Adjustable display size
- Hitachi LCD command pass through
- Trim pot LCD contrast adjustment
- Optional: User installable LCD backlight current limiting resistor
- User settable Message Pump command character
- User possible: Factory default reset
- 5 Volt
- Low power ~1.3ma
- Temperature range: 5-40° C (41-104° F)
Does not include pin headers.