Retired: This product has been replaced by the MPTH (Message Pump Through Hole) Kit or Assembled. This page is for your reference only.
This version of the Message Pump has both TTL (5 volt) level serial and I2C. It is capable of automatically switching between between serial and I2C on the fly !
Comes with all of the SMT parts assembled and pre-programmed with Message Pump Firmware v2.
You can either solder this directly onto your LCD or onto female / male pin headers so that you can remove it and use it with other displays.
- Works with both 1x16 pin and 2x7 pin LCDs
- Dual active I2C and Serial
- Serial Baud Rates
- Default slave address: 64 Dec / 0x40 Hex / b'01000000'
- User settable
- Splash Screen
- User settable message
- User settable ON / OFF
- 80 character buffer
- Adjustable display size
- Hitachi LCD command pass through
- Low profile backpack, only 0.15"
- Trim pot LCD contrast adjustment
- Optional: User installable LCD backlight current limiting resistor
- User settable Message Pump command character
- User possible: Factory default reset
- 5 Volt
- Low power ~1.3ma
- Temperature range: 5-40° C (41-104° F)
Does not include pin headers.