Have you wanted an LED that can fade from deep red to bright purple? Flash like a police light? Turn on with the subtle fade of an incandescent bulb? Flicker like a candle? That's BlinkM.
The BlinkM is an ultra bright wide-angle RGB LED attached to a microcontroller. Using BlinkM Sequencer, a software that fuses a color picker with a drum machine, you program BlinkM to be any color, and blink and fade in virtually any pattern.
When you've programmed your BlinkM, you unplug it and pop it into your project. Apply 5 volts, and it does its thing, whether that's glowing your favorite pinkish purple, or pulse like an old neon light.
No programming experience needed!
BlinkM Quick Start guide
- Arduino I/O board (not included, and you only need one to program any number of BlinkMs)
- Advanced requirements:
- Any microcontroller (including BASIC Stamp, MAKE Controller, etc.)
- OSX, Windows, Linux
- Solderless breadboard
- Experience programming Arduino, or similar
- Software requirements:
- OSX 10.3.9, Windows 2000, Linux
- Java 1.5 or later (included with Windows installation)
ThinkM official product home page for the BlinkM.
SEQUENCER FOR MAC OS X
SEQUENCER FOR WINDOWS